1. Any variation on these conditions in
any document of the buyer is inapplicable unless accepted in writing by the
2. Group 247 (hereinafter referred to as “the seller”) will make every effort to meet the buyer’s delivery requirements where these are made known at the time of ordering: any time or date for delivery named by the seller is an estimate only, and the seller shall not be liable for the consequences of any delay.
3. Deliveries may be wholly or partially suspended and the time of such suspension added to original contract in the event of a stoppage, delay or interruption of work in the establishment of either seller or buyer during the delivery period as a result of strikes, lockouts, trade disputes, breakdowns, accident or any cause whatsoever beyond the control of the seller or buyer respectively. The seller will not be responsible for any losses whatsoever arising to the buyer in the event of such delay.
4. The seller reserves the right to meet an order in a number of separate consignments and to invoice the buyer for each separate consignment as it is despatched. The term for settlement for the whole contract shall apply to each separate consignment.
5. No claim for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of goods will be entertained unless, in the case of damage in transit or shortage of delivery a separate notice is given to the carrier concerned and to the seller within 5 working days of the receipt of each consignment of goods followed by a complete claim in writing within 18 days of receipt of each consignment of goods and in the case of loss of goods, notice in writing is given to the carrier concerned and to the seller and a complete claim in writing made within 18 days of the date of invoice. Where goods are accepted from the carrier concerned without being checked, the delivery book of the carrier concerned must be signed ‘not examined”.
6. Where goods are sold f.o.b the responsibility of the seller shall cease immediately when the goods leave our premises and the seller shall be under no obligation to give the buyer the notice specified in section 32(3) of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 as the buyer shall be responsible for insuring such goods during transit.
7. No condition is made nor to be implied nor is any warranty given or to be implied to the life or wear of the goods implied or that they will be suitable for any particular or for use under any specific conditions, notwithstanding that such purpose or conditions may be known or made known to the seller.
8. Goods represented by the buyer to be defective shall not form the subject of any claim for work done by the buyer for any loss, damage or expense whatsoever arising directly or indirectly to or from such defects, by such goods, if returned to the seller carriage paid within 3 months of invoice date and accepted by him as defective, will at the request of the buyer and if practicable be replaced as originally ordered. Defects in quality or dimensions in any delivery shall not be grounds for cancellation for the remainder of the order or contract.
9. Any dispute under the contract shall be referred to an arbitrator or arbitrators to be appointed by the parties, or in default of agreement, by the President for the Law Society for the time being and/or their decision shall be binding on both parties and this shall be a submission of arbitration with the Arbitration Act or any statutory modification thereof for the time being in force.
10. The specification of materials stated on any advertising literature will be adhered to where possible, but the seller reserves the right to use alternative materials without notice.
11. In accordance with the seller’s policy of continuing improvement, design for equipment may be altered without notice.
12. All prices stated on any advertising literature and price lists must be considered as guide only, as prices charged will be those ruling at the time of dispatch.
13. All prices stated in any price lists are exclusive of VAT which will be charged at the appropriate rate.
14. All goods returned within 30 days of purchase for credit (by arrangement only) will be subject to a minimum 10% restocking fee. All returns must be agreed in writing by the vendor and the buyer must obtain a Returns Note Number otherwise they may be refused. Returns made after 30 days of purchase will be refused. We operate a strict 30 day returns policy
15. All products have a 2 year warranty from invoice date. The buyer must return warranty items at their own expense.
16. These conditions and this contract shall be subject to and constructed in accordance with Irish Law.
17. Minimum invoice charge €20.00. Freight is charged by Group 247 on all goods dispatched by the companies appointed courier.
18. The title to the goods/services remains with the seller until they are fully paid for. The seller reserves the title to all goods supplied to the purchaser until such time as all existing principal and subsidiary claims arising from past and future deliveries have been settled in full. The purchaser hereby assigns to the Vendor all claims from the re-sale of the goods to which title is reserved and the seller accepts this assignment. The buyer shall notify the seller without delay if the goods to which the title is reserved or the claims resulting from the re-sale of the goods have been transferred to a third party. At the seller’s request the buyer shall notify the seller of the debtors of the assigned claims the exact amount due and the date upon which the claims arose. The seller shall be entitled to disclose the assignments and to collect the claims itself. After full payment of all of the seller’s claims arising from business dealings with the buyer the goods to which title is reserved shall automatically become the property of the buyer.
19. These conditions can in no way be invalidated by any conditions of the purchaser. Group247 is a Trading name of Irwin Group Distribution Ltd.